The European IP Helpdesk – a service managed by the European Commission’s Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME), with policy guidance provided by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG Grow) – organises a webinar on “IP and Artificial Intelligence”.
The webinar is free of charge and will be held in English on 23 April 2020, starting from 10.30 am, CET, and will last for 1 hour and 15 minutes, including a Q&A session.
This webinar aims at providing a general overview of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and the related intellectual property (IP) issues, addressing questions such as:
- What do we understand by intellectual property in artificial intelligence?
- What rights are there in data used by machine learning in AI?
- How is data protected by database rights?
- How to obtain the rights to use data in creating innovation in AI?
- Is it possible to patent inventions in AI?
- What impact will new advice from European and US Patent Offices have on the approach to examining patent applications?
- Who owns inventions made with data supplied from other sources?
- How can innovations in artificial intelligence be sold or licensed for use?
Find more detailed information and register directly here: http://www.iprhelpdesk.eu/event/extra-webinar-ip-and-artificial-intelligence